a gifty guest post from Kim of Rooted Beauty
1. WAR Chest Boutique ::: lapis station necklace ::: $24.00
Women At Risk is a treasure chest of goods that are handcrafted or sold in support of women in their programs, which empower the women they work with to make a living with dignity. The women in their programs have been rescued from trafficking or are considered at-risk.
2. Ugandan Gold ::: Hazelnut – Ground Coffee to Go travel pack ::: $24.95
Ugandan Gold produces coffee on a 36-acre farm in Wambabya, Uganda, where they provide work for 38 farmers and share the gospel.
3. Flora Stationery ::: The Blu Journal ::: $14.99
The artwork was designed by Besjana Kryeziu, a young art student from Pristina, Kosovo. Proceeds go to a scholarship fund, and it only takes 25 journals to fund an entire semester of college for a woman in Eastern Europe! The lined journal is made with recyclable material in the USA.
4. Yellow Leaf Hammocks ::: Big Sur hanging hammock ::: $175
Yellow Leaf trains mothers to weave the world's best hammocks as they break the cycle of poverty through sustainable job creation.
5. JOYN India ::: The Weekender in gold ikat ::: $98.00
JOYN brings opportunity and dignified employment to Rajpur, India. Local artisans do 100% of the work.
6. Rooted Beauty EmpowerMINT Lip Butter ::: $4.99