If you've gotten one of our boxes, you've found our yellow envelope. It's unmissable! Part of the reason we exist is to get the word out about businesses who are operating ethically and with heart, so we invite each season's partners to include material that helps you get to know them better. We also encourage them to offer a special coupon code just for bonJOY subscribers (it's totally cool if you share those coupon codes with friends or on your social networks), so when you shop, you're continuing to help them build their businesses and support more women while you replenish your stash or build up a gifting arsenal.
These yellow envelopes go inside each and contain informational cards from the brands we feature, organizations we've mentioned, and discount codes to brands that have amazing products we just can't fit in our little box. Like shoes. Or amazing handbags. Things we'd be scared to take a guess and buy for you or just can't purchase with each season's budget.
We don't seal the envelope or put anything on it, and this is purposeful! We hope you'll "send it forward" and share some joy of your own. Here are some ideas to get you rolling:
- Handwrite a letter and mail it to a loved one.
- Put some flowers or leaves inside and put it underneath a heavy book to press them.
- Send your partner a note with their lunch.
- Tuck it under your partner's pillow with an entirely mushy gushy love letter inside.
- Find some fun stickers and send them to a little one who'd be sure to squeal.
- Spend an hour sometime recalling all the happy thoughts that come to mind, write them on little slips of paper, and tuck them inside to be discovered later.
- Actually print out some pictures (radical!) and send them to an older relative or someone who's not on Facebook.
- Practice your calligraphy or creative lettering on the outside.
- Write a cheery note in Sharpie over the cartoons from a newspaper.
- Keep your coupons inside, and use the bright yellow as a reminder to shop ethically.
- Think of something you really really want, save up $5 a week, stash the cash, and treat yourself.
- Use it hold all the info cards and coupons from our brand partners, so when Christmas, birthdays, babies, weddings, and housewarmings roll around you'll be ready to tackle your gift list like a do-good shopping fool!
... And you thought it was just an envelope.